Land and Forestry
Please visit the following sites for additional resources about land and forestry management, and if you have any additional suggestions, don't hesitate to contact us.
- The Program on Forests (PROFOR) is a multi-donor partnership that generates and shares innovative knowledge that supports this vision: sustaining forests for all.
- The Lincoln Institute of Land Policy and the International Center for Land Policy Studies together published a book on the changing circumstances of how society views, values and uses land in Toward a Vision of Land in 2015.
- In their Land Tenure Studies, FAO offers a wide variety of working papers, manuals and studies from gender access to pilot projects in Central and Eastern Europe.
- Doing Business offers a database that ranks countries based on procedures on costs and the time it takes to register property.
- A conference organized by FIG (Fédération Internationale des Géomètres) and the World Bank in 2009 captured the challenages to land governance in their joint policy statement on Land Governance in support of The Millenium Development Goals.
- Read a working paper on how GIS-enabled communication and information sharing is shaping up public participation.