Please visit the following sites for additional resources about market access, and if you have any additional suggestions, don't hesitate to contact us.
- Explore research on how much farmers use their cell phones to assist in marketing their production in this slideshare presentation for IFPRI (Minten, Reardon, Chen 2011).
- Internet kiosks in India increase the price of soybeans received by farmers, and make traders operating in local markets more competitive (Goyal 2008).
- See how in Peru, installing telephones in small rural town found postive links between telephone users and income (Chong, Galdo, Torero 2005).
- Access a case study on how a potential reduction of transaction costs in Sri Lanka's wholesale agricultural market may occur if Information and Communication Technology (ICT) tools were used (Ratnadiwakara, De Silva, Soysa 2008).
- Cell phones have helped traders in Niger to improve market efficiency, extend their reach of searchable markets and increase their networks, according to report published by the Center for Global Development. (Aker 2008).
- Learn about ICT for agriculture models and how the International Finance Corporation integrates ICT solutions in agribusiness advisory services in Uganda, Indonesia and India (Kumar 2010).